VW Touareg Issues

Discuss technical questions about repairing, modifying, protecting your vehicles. Also tips on spare parts and accessories and where to best find them....

Moderator: azi malik

VW Touareg Issues

Postby SGNL on Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:02 am

Hello friends,

I recently bought a used 2006 VW Touareg V6 / 3.2 Ltr. full options.

I have the following issues and would really appreciate any advice:

- The speed Warning ( :x arrrrrgh!!!), when I go over 120Kms it makes this loud flat line "Beeeeeeep" sound rather than the normal "beep beep" you get with other cars. There is an option in the controls to increase/decrease the Kms warning or even turn it off!! but of course it does'nt work...hence my angst

- The AC: When I turn it on at any setting it completely fogs up the lower part of the windsheild from the outside.

- Finally on a diffrent note: Where is a good place for tinting windows? I don't want to spend more than AED 1,000 on this, is 3M expensive??

Many thanks.
SGNL
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby Brembo on Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:17 am

the speed warning in some cars are annoying. dosent your beep sound go off after a few seconds? or is it honda type non stop beeps?
ask your dealer if they can disable it.

as for the ac, you have to set it so that that the air does not blow directly onto the windsheild. you should have dials/knobs for that.

3m is good but get it only frm their authorized dealer. i would recommend against the cheap 'satwa' tints.
i think HSV on SZR does tints. the other dubai members can suggest some other places too
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Postby SGNL on Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:23 am

Brembo wrote:the speed warning in some cars are annoying. dosent your beep sound go off after a few seconds? or is it honda type non stop beeps?
ask your dealer if they can disable it.

as for the ac, you have to set it so that that the air does not blow directly onto the windsheild. you should have dials/knobs for that.

3m is good but get it only frm their authorized dealer. i would recommend against the cheap 'satwa' tints.
i think HSV on SZR does tints. the other dubai members can suggest some other places too

I don't mind if the beep beep goes on non stop as long as it isnt so loud and constant. The accord for example, beep beeps non stop but becomes hardly audible after a short while. This one does'nt go away even if I put
on music. I'm worried that al Nabooda will tell me that its illegal to remove it.

With the AC, there are too many dials/knobs on this car!!! I tried them all, but i think the problem is that dashboard freezes regardless of the setting.

I'll get the 3M if you think its good, but how much is it for a 4x4?
Where exactly is HSV?

Thanks
SGNL
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby Brembo on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:51 am

for a big suv it will be more than 1000dhs for 3m.
under 1000 you will have to go for nanolux, em-cool etc.
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Postby T.N.T on Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:15 am

I heard 3M won't cost you more than 1000 AED. I could be wrong though. HSV have a branch opposite to Lamcy Plaza in Karama. (its opposite the main entrance of Lamcy Plaza, on the other side of the main car park)
Em-Cool can be done from certain Emarat petrol pumps.
Ziebart is another option. It is located in the back of the Mazda Showroom on the showroom road.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby navadv on Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:23 pm

hey,
i suggest Nanolux tint....

Had my Fortuner done for 400AED about 6 months back with 5 years warranty!
I did it at Gulf Wireless/Car Audio People on Shk Zayed Road. :)

About ur windows fogging, its as Brembo said, one of your dials is set - probably blowing cold air from the dash vents near the windsheild...
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby SGNL on Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:51 am

Thanks Guys,

Navadv: Nanolux sounds good, can you tell me exactly where is Gulf Wireless/Car Audio on SZR. I will get it done tomorrow.

Also Where is HSV on SZR?

To be honest I regret buying the Touareg, its comfortable enough, but too damn slow...
SGNL
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby navadv on Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:37 pm

i cant remember eactly where it is.... best is to get their number from Directory Enquiry and speak to them...

Just another point - im not a fan of "dark" tint.... i got 30% but if you want anything darker, it would cost you more...

If you know Lamcy Plaza, you wont have an issue finding HSV. They are directly opposite the parking lot. :)
When i enquired with them about my Fortuner, they gave me a price of 800AED.

Another reason i went for Nanolux was also because the tint they provided was better quality - as in heat rejection and UV rays rejecction etc...
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby SGNL on Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:20 pm

Thanks navadv,

You have me convinced to go for nanolux!!!! (you don't work for them by any chance?? :lol: ), I will find out where they are.

30% is enough for me too, anything more is just dangerous for visibility..
SGNL
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby root on Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:30 am

Maybe we should ask for some 'group discount'.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby navadv on Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:57 am

No not working for anyone.... but trying to find a job :P

i did alot of research into what to get.
My budget was 600-800AED and wanted the most out of it....

I think i must have called every tinting place around! What i found really interesting was that the actual dealers of NanoLux (in Sharjah) - offered me the same tint for more than twice the price (somewhere around 1000-1200AED)...
So as soon as i got quoted 400AED for my car i went to check out the place. They spent 3-4hours tinting my car indoors (2 ppl working on it). I didnt have anywhere to go so i watched them do it!

Everything was done right .... didnt complain about anything at all!

When the price is right, the service is good, and your happy - why not make others happy too???
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Return to Repairs, Spare Parts, Maintenance