How can I switch off the BEEP!

Discuss technical questions about repairing, modifying, protecting your vehicles. Also tips on spare parts and accessories and where to best find them....

Moderator: azi malik

How can I switch off the BEEP!

Postby kaunas on Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:39 pm

I just picked up a used '07 Civic, ok car and price BUT the over-speed beep, beep, beep is driving me nuts! The noise alone is annoying but with the slight digital speedo variation it will sometimes sound-off from 118km/h. The Dealer doesn't seem too interested, so has anyone got any DIY advice? Slow down is not the advice I am after ;)
kaunas
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby root on Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:57 pm

Hey, you will need to get the ECU chip re-programmed, as I believe that info resides on there. Find some tuner workshop, and they'll probably know how to do this.

Some American cars have secret ways to do this using the brake and accelerator in some combinations, but I doubt Honda has that way.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby kaunas on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:03 pm

I hear you!

I know that Mazda were using the radio in the older 626 range to do similar things.
kaunas
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby T.N.T on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:10 pm

Its as simple as removing the buzzer fuse from the fuse box. :P
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:21 pm

Now that might work, but I doubt there to be just one fuse for the buzzer...maybe it disconnects some other things as well.

You could do like a electrician I once took my car to fix the electronic antenna that was stuck and the retracting motor would never stop...he just clipped off the power cable to the motor. ;)
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby kaunas on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:23 pm

I will check out the fuse box but I want to avoid taking the car to "anyone" to 'practice' their trade on, as you have pointed out. I have heard those stories and have my own, that's why I would prefer to DIY it coz I reckon I will feel better even if I break it
kaunas
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby WSF on Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:44 am

find the speaker & unplug it...
Thats how we stopped the beeping on a 94 honda delsol... The roof sensor was broken & didnt stop beeping we located the speaker & unplugged it... i dont know if u could use the same approach 4 the speedometer...
WSF
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby firasdxb on Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:17 pm

i have a 2007 civic, and when i speed up i hear the beep thing coming from under the steering itself beside the audio system.

Well there is someone who did it in al ain at "Industrial Stars worksho", there is a guy who is only involved in chipsets and automobile computers..

brilliant...i normally format my lexus there
firasdxb
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Return to Repairs, Spare Parts, Maintenance