Spark Plugs

Discuss technical questions about repairing, modifying, protecting your vehicles. Also tips on spare parts and accessories and where to best find them....

Moderator: azi malik

Spark Plugs

Postby Overdrive on Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:27 pm

Hi everyone, just wanted to check if anyone's used high-performance plugs on a small engine vehicle? I'm considering buying SplitFire plugs for a 1.6 Vtec engine and just wanted to check if its worth the money (besides the fact that they last 35000km). How do they compare to platinum tipped plugs?
Overdrive
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby bizkings on Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:40 am

You can go for either Platinum tipped or Iridium Tipped plugs.
for high performance, i would suggest you search on google with reviews people have on auto forums, u'll definitely find some interesting feedback for it. NGK, Bosch, Denso are major brands for spark plugs, but these are used by manufacturers, so they arent high performance as such
bizkings
Cruiser
Cruiser

Split Fire without the extra spark

Postby Overdrive on Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:43 am

Thanks, i read a few reviews on the net and even found a law suit by the Gov't of Illinois against the Split Fire manufacturer for making false claims in their advertising! The reviews are really very mixed, owners of the same model report completely different experiences so its difficult to make a decision. I guess I'll just have to try out one of the standard brands with a platinum head and see if it adds the extra spark for my car!
Overdrive
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Return to Repairs, Spare Parts, Maintenance