2002 Range Rover Trade In ????

Discuss Off-road vehicles, experiences, routes, places, tips, desert safaris, ...

Moderator: azi malik

2002 Range Rover Trade In ????

Postby CMG on Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:08 am

I've had my Range (2002 4.6) for a while months now and love it, but think maybe I should trade before 2008 so as not to lose money...
Could I swap for a later model in a 6 without having to pay to much? or Maybe a Jeep?
What are the options in Dubai for trade in and are there any good places to have a look and get a decent deal?
CMG

Postby root on Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:03 pm

Most second hand dealers will do a trade in, and also some new ones will trade in older models of their own models.

To me trade-ins never really make sense, as the dealer will offer you a price for that vehicle on which he can still make his money. Selling outside might even give you a better price.

The nice thing probably is the convenience of walking in with your old one, walking out with your new one, and have all the money transfers done in the middle.

Regarding your Range Rover, its gone through its most value losing years. However, at this age is when you start getting expensive repair/replacement costs.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Brembo on Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:42 pm

sorry to tell you but old range rovers value drops a lot. so you will not get much especially if you try to trade through a dealer. better idea would be to try selling the car to an individual buyer. then go buy a 06-08 range rover, which are quite expensive btw.

why dont you advertise your car here on this site and the gulfnews classifieds to start with?
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Return to Off-Road