Hyundai reveals i30 Wagon ahead of global debut at Geneva

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Hyundai reveals i30 Wagon ahead of global debut at Geneva

Postby azi malik on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:00 pm

2012_hyundai_i30_wagon_front__medium.jpg
2012_hyundai_i30_wagon_front__medium.jpg (36.03 KiB) Viewed 8917 times
Hyundai has revealed the New Generation i30 wagon ahead of its global launch at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show. The vehicle, which is the second member of the New Generation i30 range, takes its place beside the five-door hatchback to expand the appeal of the automaker's C-segment lineup. The stylish wagon has the same running gear and engines as the popular New Generation i30 five-door. It has a longer body compared to the five-door unit in order to have a considerably larger trunk space without sacrificing model's dynamic styling. The overall length of the i30 wagon has been increased to 4485 mm, which is 185 mm longer than the five-door model and 10 mm longer than the original i30 wagon.

Due to the increased length, the new wagon is one of the most accommodating automobiles in the European C-segment. The wagon has the best-in-class trunk space with its capacity of 528 liters, compared to the five-door which only has 378 liters. With the back passenger seats folded down, cargo volume is expanded to 1,642 liters. As with the five-door version, the front is characterized by the jewel-like headlamps and hexagon-shaped grille of Hyundai. However, the wagon differs significantly from the B-pillar rearwards. Meanwhile, the roofline extends backwards over the flexible cargo/passenger area.

It slopes to enhance the dynamism of the vehicle's bearing in keeping with the fluidic sculpture ethos of a vehicle in standstill but appearing to be in motion. In addition, a distinct swage line runs horizontally along the vehicle's sides and climbs to the back lights. The windscreen at the back drapes around the D-pillars, enhancing visibility and interior luminosity. The deep tailgate provides the vehicle with a seamless appeal. It opens to bumper-level for convenient loading. In Europe, the New Generation i30 wagon will come with the same three diesel engines and three petrols as the five-door, delivering 90 ps to 135 ps. The full specification for the United Kingdom will be disclosed at a later date.
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News