2012 Hyundai i30 Wagon isn’t headed to U.S. showrooms

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

2012 Hyundai i30 Wagon isn’t headed to U.S. showrooms

Postby azi malik on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:25 am

2012_hyundai_i30_wagon_front__medium.jpg
2012_hyundai_i30_wagon_front__medium.jpg (36.03 KiB) Viewed 13820 times
Hyundai's redesigned i30 wagon – known in the U.S. as the Elantra Touring – is set to make its global debut at the 2012 Geneva Auto Show. This compact model has been recognized worldwide for being solid, low-priced, and being very functional. This upcoming model will be the debut of its redesigned i30 will debut. Hyundai's fluidic sculpture design is evident on this striking wagon. It’s quite a surprise that the wagon won’t be offered in the U.S., with Hyundai asserting that a five-door hatchback is more appealing. John Krafcik, Hyundai Motor America CEO, said that it fits its image of “sport plus function” better.

He explained that the Elantra GT is similar to a Veloster in many ways, one of which is its “youthful appeal.” In addition, Krafcik said that the Elantra GT's suspension has been tuned for driving, "very much in the European vein." Three driving modes (comfort, normal and sport) are available for the electric power steering.

These can be switched at any time to meet the demands of varying road conditions. At the Chicago Auto Show, Krafcik said that this approach is a better match to the five-door hatch as opposed to the larger wagon. There are those who don’t agree since they think that what’s more attractive than the GT hatchback is a stylish wagon priced under $20,000 that has the same engineering capabilities. They think that the next-gen i30 wagon has the styling that makes it more appealing than the GT.
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News