Honda introduces all-new 2013 Accord Sedan and Coupe

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Honda introduces all-new 2013 Accord Sedan and Coupe

Postby azi malik on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:54 am

2013_honda_accord_ex-l_v-6_coupe_324__medium.jpg
2013_honda_accord_ex-l_v-6_coupe_324__medium.jpg (38.37 KiB) Viewed 9925 times

Honda has introduced the redesigned 2013 Honda Accord Sedan and Coupe. Built using high-strength steel, these midsized cars are a product of Honda’s engineering, powertrain, electronic and safety firsts, as well as the carmaker’s trademark visibility and smart design. The all-new Honda Accord Sedan and Coupe models are powered by 4-cylinder, V-6 and hybrid powertrains, which transmit power to manual, automatic and continuously variable transmission (CVT). The 2013 Honda Accord Sedan will be made available to the riding public on September 19, 2012, while the Sedan will be offered on October 15, 2012. The models will be followed by a new two-motor 2014 Honda Accord Plug-in Hybrid (PHEV) Sedan in early 2013. The PHEV Sedan will be followed by a conventional hybrid based on the same powertrain architecture in summer 2013.

The 2013 Honda Accord Sedan and Coupe models boast of urbane and athletic styling with aerodynamic streamlining. These new Accord uses the Revised Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structures, which enhanced its frontal crash safety. Because of this feature, the all-new Accord is expected to excel in the upcoming small-overlap frontal barrier crash test.

The 2013 Honda Accord features the all-new Earth Dreams powertrains, which include the application of CVT on 2.4-liter 4-cylinder models, a six-speed automatic on V-6 models, and 6-speed manual transmissions on 2.4-liter 4-cylinder models and the 3.5-liter V-6 Coupe. The 4-cylinder models offer the best fuel efficiency in the EPA Midsize class, earning up to an EPA 36 mpg highway rating. The V-6 models, meanwhile, earned up to an EPA 34 mpg highway rating.

source:4wheelsnews
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News