Discovery Channel filming new reality show to feature UAE

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

Discovery Channel filming new reality show to feature UAE

Postby root on Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:36 pm

Dubai is getting there on custom car map.

Article from AME-info. I think original was from Gulf News

The Discovery Channel has recently announced that it has begun filming a reality based fly-on-the-wall documentary series on customization stars and experts West Coast Customs.

West Coast Customs fly on the wall documentary series to include new Dubai production center.

The show will follow the daily trials and tribulations of the West Coast team as they meet deadlines and face complicated challenges and customization requests and will include, in detail, their work on the cars of the stars. The show will be similar in theme and structure to the Discovery Channel's popular shows 'Orange County Choppers' and 'American Hot Rod'. The new Dubai-based Middle East production center, currently under construction, will be featured heavily in the show and will include the work being currently undertaken for some of the UAE's high status individuals. The show is set to begin airing in October and will run weekly for 14 weeks.

West Coast Customs was recently signed by Al Ghussein Global Investments, a UAE based investment firm, to a 20 year Middle East and North Africa exclusive master franchise agreement. The new West Coast Customs Middle East center will be the first ever fully operational WCC design and production center outside of the United States and is scheduled to be fully operational by summer of this year.

'The show is designed to highlight and demonstrate what it is that West Coast Customs does best,' commented Rami El Malak, Managing Partner of WCC ME. 'While 'Pimp My Ride' was a great success and has become somewhat of a global phenomenon, we wanted to show the fans and the public that fixing up old cars is not the only thing we do. Unique, custom and exceptionally high-quality individualization of cars, yachts and homes, is the biggest aspect of West Coast customs' work,' El Malak further added.

The team of customization wizards shot to fame after the massive global success of MTV's hit show 'Pimp My Ride' in which the West Coast Customs team surprises an unsuspecting member of the public and drastically fixes up and customizes their cars. The show has expanded to cover different regions of the world with multi-platinum selling artists such as Xzibit, Tim Westwood and Li'l John presenting the hit series now aired on a variety of channels worldwide.

'We are very excited about the new show and were recently in LA to appear in the filming of the first few episodes,' continued El Malak.

'Not only will this new series give the fans an insight into the non-rehearsed day-to-day running of WCC, but it will also be a great medium to portray the Middle East in a favorable light with the UAE and our local way of life being featured heavily in the show' El Malak concluded.

The new show is scheduled to begin airing in October of this year. West Coast Customs will be touching down in Dubai in the summer and customization services are set to begin at the end of June.

root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby T.N.T on Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:06 pm

Yeah, read about it in the papers.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:34 pm

yeah, i should try to get my Audi pimped up ;)
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby T.N.T on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:46 pm

I can imagine, replace the soft top with a hard top, get some DUBs, suede interior, 2500W audio system, chopped door handles for a clean look and smoked tail lights. Possibilities are endless :P .
ABT sportsline recently opened there official dealership in Dubai, try them if you are serious.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:01 pm

ABT sportsline recently opened there official dealership in Dubai, try them if you are serious.

where's the dealership? Might just go, although dont want to spend any serious dough on this car.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby T.N.T on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:47 pm

Ali & Sons L.L.C.
Abt Sportsline
G/F Falcon Tower Building
Sheik Zayed Road, Dubai
P.O. Box 7065
United Arab Emirates
Tel. No.: 04 3433776

You can order any ABT product through them.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Shukran on Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:09 pm

root wrote:yeah, i should try to get my Audi pimped up ;)

Not much even experts can do to an audi, i am afraid! Yawn
Shukran
Tuner
Tuner

Return to General Chat